I only posted my 3 goals a couple of weeks ago, but I want to focus on 3 per month so it’s time for July! First I’ll give you a little update on my June goals. Keep in mind that it is only two weeks worth of progress so I’ll have a little overlap with my goals for June and July. In case you missed it, you can find my June goals here: https://extrapostageneeded.wordpress.com/2015/06/18/gooooooooooooooal/
1. Blog Makeover. I’m sure if you’ve followed me for a little while you noticed some changes in my blog appearance. I am searching for a more simple and refreshing look than I had previously, so I experimented with new themes. Personally, I’m not 100% satisfied with this one yet, but I like the progress I’ve made so far!
2. Workout Daily. I must say, I’ve done pretty well with this. My physical activity hasn’t picked up every day, but I am making strides to get there. I’ve begun running again and even taking some spin classes. Last night I signed up for my second ever half marathon (just over two months away)!
3. Stick to the Studies. I am working towards becoming a certified actuary. Currently, I’m preparing for the first exam. I think I finally found my study groove and I am motivated to learn. At this point I am unsure if I’ll be prepared enough to take the exam in November, but I will definitely take it no later than February of next year.
So there you have my goal update. On top of those, what will I be trying to accomplish in July?
1. Beat my Half Marathon Time. Last year I completed my first half marathon. My goal was to keep a steady pace and to finish the course. This year, I want to beat my time. If I want to be really ambitious I’ll try for under 2 hours, but we’ll see how my training goes!
2. Drink More Water. Water is important. Water is very important. I am chronically dehydrated. No matter how much I try to hydrate, I always feel thirsty. I do notice that the more water I drink, the better I feel that day. So my goal is to drink more water. I want to feel healthier and to be healthier. It is also imperative I keep myself as hydrated as possible during my half marathon training.
3. Clothing Sweep. I have a lot of clothes, but I don’t wear a lot of the articles. I need to clean out my closet of clothes and shoes I don’t wear anymore (or never did). I’ve been trying to revamp my whole wardrobe (I’m finally finding my own style) and de-clutter my life. Hopefully I can find lots of clothes to donate to Goodwill or to sell in a consignment store for some extra cash.
So there you have it, my monthly 3! I challenge you to create 3 of your own goals each month. What are you trying to improve on? What have you always wanted to try? I would love to hear your ideas! Post your goals in the comments below. We can help motivate each other to complete each of our goals and improve ourselves!