I was recently nominated by The Monday Diaries for the Liebster Award. I’m truly honored to receive this nomination from such a wonderful blogger. Thank you, Ali!
What is The Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers, which is one of the reasons I love it. It is usually given to newer blogs and the goal is to give it to blogs with less than 200 followers. This award is a great way to connect with other bloggers and give some smaller blogs (like mine) more exposure.
What Must I do to accept the nomination?
You must write an acceptance post for your nomination containing the following:
- A “Thank you” shoutout and tag to the person that nominated you.
- The answer to 11 questions asked by that person.
- 11 nominations of your own (keep in mind these should be bloggers with 200 followers or less).
- Ask your nominations 11 questions of your own.
- Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog or other channels of social media.
1. What did you want to be when you were a kid? When I was a kid I don’t think there was one thing I really wanted to do when I grew up. If I had to pick one job though, I think it would have been a teacher.
2. Do you floss every day? (Be honest!) I actually probably floss more than most people. I try to floss every day, but it is easy to forget sometimes. Fun Fact: My Residence Advisor freshman year of college laughed at me once when she saw me flossing because she said she never saw anyone else!
3. What’s something you miss from childhood? I really miss the innocence of childhood. We were fortunate to be sheltered by the evils of the world. Now that we’re older we are exposed to the terrorism, murder, and other horrible evils in the world. I feel like life was so much happier and simpler as a child.
4. What’s one reason why it’s good to be an adult? I think the biggest perk of being an adult is making your own decisions. You can choose who to be friends with, choose to apply for certain jobs, and choose where you live. This is a daunting task at times, but I’d much rather have control over my own life.
5. Is there a popular trend that you’re not interested in? (Say, Star Wars or Harry Potter — something the world tends to lose its collective mind over and you’re indifferent) This is such a great question. I guess the Game of Thrones TV show. I started reading the books and I’m barely into the second one. I like them, but everyone I talk to says it’s “the greatest show on television” and I just don’t think it would be. I am generally really picky with TV shows and movies though….oh well!
6. What’s one movie you recommend everyone watch, and why? I have not seen many movies…it’s something I am trying to work on! I would definitely reccomend watching Memento. I’ve actually only seen it once, but it was really interesting and different than any other movie I’ve seen.
7. Can you play a musical instrument? Yes! I played the clarinet from 5th grade through 12th grade. I don’t play it anymore, but I can remember most of the notes.
8. Do you have any siblings? Yes! I have two brothers and a sister. I also currently have two sister-in-laws with a brother-in-law on the way!
9. What’s one meal you can cook well? (Everyone has one — even me!) I really love cooking. I’m not the best, but I am always learning. Chicken parm and pasta is a classic meal for me and my boyfriend. I even make my own pasta!
10. What motivates you to blog? My blog is all about my long distance relationship. The motivation was initially just to express myself without having to bother anyone. Now I blog to help others, share my experiences, and make friends!
Now is the fun part….MY NOMINATIONS ARE:
- The Blank Polaroids
- A Little More Each Day
- Sparks and Sounds
- Operation Bittersweet
- The Voice Within
- Misguided Adventures
- Dan Van Werkhoven
- Catching Autumn
- Long Distance Love Songs
- Once Upon a Recipe
- Hope in Small Corners
Congratulations, bloggers! If you choose to accept my nomination, here are 11 questions for you to answer in your acceptance post:
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
- What’s your biggest accomplishment in life?
- Do you have any pets?
- What’s your favorite book?
- If you could have one natural talent, what would it be?
- What makes you happy?
- How would you spend a day if you were given $1 million to spend?
- What’s your favorite possession?
- Do you have a big family?
- What makes you smile no matter what?
I am looking forward to reading all of your posts! 🙂