If you’ve met someone online and want to meet them in person it’s important to take certain precautions. Thinking about meeting your SO? Check out this great guide by Tammy!
With the recent explosion of this post, I felt I needed to make a post about how not to get murdered by someone you met off the internet (just kidding, but seriously, be safe!).
1. Get to know them REALLY well
- University/College/High School
- Future aspirations
- Their intentions (if they want to get with you or just be friends)
- Full name and what country or city they are from
- Talk to then for MONTHS if you need to in order to feel like you really, truly know them.
- For further reassurance, introduce them to your friends so they can also talk and gauge their character.
- If the person seems nice and as if they are telling the truth, move to #2. If they are creepy, stop here.
- Don’t give out valuable personal info such as your home address.
2. Confirm their identity
This is where internet…
View original post 727 more words